Software Developer - Client Technology
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – CLIENT TECHNOLOGY
Miniclip is looking for a Software Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to integrate an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be developing cutting edge mobile technology that is used in games played by tens of millions of users!
Your work will include:
- Developing core functionalities, shared libraries, and in-house tools, positively impacting our game development pipeline
- Taking an active role in multiple steps of the development cycle, including research, design, development, and maintenance
- Assuming responsibility for both new and existing libraries and tools, aiming to maximise the positive impact they will have on their clients
- Producing high quality code solutions, applying, and evolving good engineering practices
- Developing multi-platform code that must be deployed and run in iOS, Android and MacOS
- Continuously learning and challenging your own skillset
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who embraces teamwork and is passionate and dedicated about their work.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with C++ or Objective-C
- Solid knowledge of software design and development for iOS or Android
- Experience in developing shared code (APIs or libraries) to be used in different projects or applications
- Strong focus in good engineering practices (code quality, stability, testing and documentation)
- Eager to improve, learn and explore new technologies and practices
- Very good written and spoken English
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Any experience in game development
- Any experience in C# or Unity
- Any experience in Python or other scripting language
- Any contribution to open-source projects
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Tagus Park (Oeiras, Portugal) with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events (virtually, currently). We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com