Miniclip is looking for a talented and enthusiastic UI Artist to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio. Our team is looking for skilled people who are also strongly passionate about user experience: we strive to improve our UI and UX every day, as we strongly believe that even minor changes have the potential to greatly improve our millions of players’ journey. This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
Completion of a technical challenge will be required during the recruitment process.
- Designing and implementing UI for our mobile games.
- Working closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions.
- Assisting in a range of artistic tasks including GUI creation, sketches, 2D illustrations for in game and marketing purposes.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Display knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation.
- Adopt different graphic styles depending on the project or task.
- You will also be involved in making important decisions about the overall look of the game, taking ownership for screen designs, and developing art elements that enhance player experience and engagement.
Skills and Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys team working and is passionate and dedicated to his/her work. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or similar.
- Strong skills in creating 2D graphics for UI elements, such as icons, frames and buttons.
- Comprehensive portfolio proving artistic skills is mandatory.
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing business needs.
- Able to build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence effectively and quickly.
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Keen attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English.
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus.
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly.
- Bonus if you have good knowledge of After Effects or Spine for animations.
Please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team and a link to a portfolio should be included in your application. The following portfolio examples are mandatory:
- Game UI for various platforms
- Graphic Effects
- Logo Design