Miniclip is looking for a Game Designer to join our Derby (UK) Studio. This is an exciting role working with a leading digital games and entertainment company.
- Design and craft mission gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Take ownership of mission gameplay design and implementation, collaborating cross discipline to create new and exciting scenarios and moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Participate as a key member of the product team across the product life-cycle, working on games in production, and live titles, owning and creating high-impact gameplay content updates for our existing portfolio of games.
- Plan and execute mission designs within Unity using our proprietary tools and editors, from inception to finished product.
- Collaborate across the team to expand and iterate internal tools used for mission and gameplay implementation.
- Present and articulate your designs across the team, upholding and championing the game vision and core pillars.
- Review and iterate gameplay designs and mission implementation both during production and post release, incorporating feedback from key stakeholders and directing mission changes to balance game content based on analytics data.
- Help identify and deconstruct new markets and opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the company and staying in the cutting edge of the mobile gaming industry.
- Support the team with subject-matter expertise on mobile & social game design.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience of level and gameplay design for action/shooter titles, preferably on mobile.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of level and gameplay design.
- Experience across the product life-cycle, from prototyping, through production, to updating a live free-to-play game.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile & social game space, with exceptional understanding of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Understanding of and experience with reviewing game analytics, developing insights based on data to make better informed design decisions.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Creative problem solver, with proven ability to create compelling gameplay.
- Relentlessly self-critical: always sees the pros and cons of each approach, and works tirelessly to improve design solutions. Prolific with high quality, well-thought-through proposals.
- Mature judgment, able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Drive, initiative and ability to self-manage effectively.
- Highly organised, with a track-record of guiding & advising others, and prioritising appropriately to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Great collaborator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
Miniclip Derby is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning Peak District national park.
Alongside an elite team of veteran game developers, you will be working in our spacious office just outside Derby, with ample parking and convenient for public transport, working with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our office comes with a pool table, table tennis, big screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit & snacks delivered weekly, and regular team events.
In addition to a generous holiday allowance, we also have a fantastic benefits package, with BUPA medical cover, dental cash plan, cover for life insurance, pension plan and flexible working.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com