Yakuto is looking for a Game Developer to work in our London development studio, helping to craft and refine our portfolio of cutting-edge mobile sports games.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your work will include:
- Implementing new game features and services in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of other developers, artists and game designers.
- Improving existing game features based on design requests and player feedback.
- Taking part in technical discussions to identify and solve technical issues, including
- performance, memory usage, and cross-platform issues.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a sociable, hard-working person who is just as passionate about creating amazing games as we are. You will be someone with proven success in designing and developing robust Unity game code on several games, over several years.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following criteria:
· 3+ years of experience
· Strong Unity knowledge (both editor and scripting)
· Strong knowledge of C# and .NET
· Experience working with F2P mobile games
· An understanding of design patterns and game design principles
· Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
· Highly responsible, self-motivated and a team player
· Analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
· Fluent in English, written and spoken
· Beneficial skills
· Experience with Google Cloud Platform (AWS or Azure considered)
· Experience with Kubernetes (ideally Google Kubernetes Engine)
· Knowledge of CI / CD systems
· Experience with math and physics
· A relevant degree is desirable
· Start date ASAP
· Salary DOE
Part of the Miniclip group, Yakuto is based in Shoreditch in walking distance from several main line and underground stations, in an open plan and airy studio. In the studio, you will find a relaxed and easy-going environment and have access to free drinks, fruit, games consoles and pool table.
As part of Yakuto’s ‘COVID Secure’ measures, the office has since reopened with increased distancing between desks, daily professional cleaning and other measures to ensure team safety. The working week operates as follows: Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the office with flexible hours to help avoid peak-time travel; Tuesday and Thursday are home working days intended to be distraction free to focus on problem solving.
For more information, visit http://www.yaku.to/about
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), and Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com