Senior Data Engineer - Remote from Portugal
Do you like to work with Big Data and Machine Learning, and test new things? This is the right choice for you!
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Data Engineer Team at Miniclip work from Portugal. The team works on several key services used across all games and business areas of Miniclip, reaching over 20M players every day. They are dealing with more than 1 Petabyte of data and managing our own infrastructure across different business units.
Not only you will be part of designing and implementing solutions with the state-of-the-art tools, but you will also maintain and learn all the existent technologies already used.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys work in team and is passionate about games, and mobile free-to-play. The ideal candidate will be articulate, energetic, and strongly skilled in the following:
• Work with and create data-driven architectures
• Proven experience in software development and practices with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, or Scala).
• Experience using Version Control, Testing and development cycle
• Proven experience in SQL (NoSQL is a plus).
• Familiarity with tools in the Big Data ecosystem (like Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Spark, and others alike)
• Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience working on Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP and with IaC tools, such as Terraform is a plus
• Experience with data modelling like dimensional modelling or data vault is plus
• Comfortable working with Linux command line.
• Scientific and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to apply. Please do it through http://corporate.miniclip.com (careers/vacancies).
You’ll be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.