What will you be doing at Miniclip?
- Designing, developing, maintaining, and operating robust and scalable back-end systems by using, extending, and improving existing in-house technology
- Finding the best solutions to implement, and tools to adopt, for the technological challenges the systems and processes face
- Participating in team activities to develop new concepts for game modes, promotional campaigns, temporary events, and in-game content
- Working together with a multi-disciplinary and highly motivated agile scrum development team, including backend and client developers, quality assurance testers, release managers, and others
- Acting upon opportunities and needs, supporting the development of new features, and resolving internal systems bugs and limitations
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a social, humble, hard-working, and autonomous person, thus we need you to be self-motivated, dedicated, result-oriented, and accountable for the areas of your responsibilities. You must be a team player who constantly seeks self-development opportunities, takes pride in your work, and engages with the team to improve together.
The ideal candidate must present the following skills:
- Prior professional experience in software development for a networked back-end/server or embedded application on a UNIX/Linux/POSIX environment using programming languages such as C, C++, Golang, Java, Erlang, Elixir
- Experience with requirements analysis and dimensioning
- Excellent problem-solving skills through analytical, systematical, or intuitive approaches
- Curiosity towards continuously learning new skills, trying out new approaches, and striving to enhance the quality of products and code
- Great communication in both written and spoken English
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Experience with cloud infrastructure design or operation
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Don't forget to share with us all of your relevant training and certifications.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 400 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in 10 countries, with a global workforce of over 1000 people across 16 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which also include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Subway Surfers™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 7 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 70 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross), and most recently Sybo (famous for Subway Surfers).
For more information, visit https://miniclip.com/