Miniclip is looking to hire a in our London (UK) Studio.
This is a permanent role, please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This is an outstanding opportunity to further your Tax career and be part of a dynamic Finance team. You will take ownership of the day-to-day elements of tax, around compliance, reporting and administration; with opportunities to get involved in supporting tax projects as they arise.
This role would likely suit you if you are a recently qualified tax specialist, looking to make a first move in-house or if you’ve trained in-house and now looking for a role with more responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Calculation of year-end tax provisions for UK group companies
- Preparation of tax disclosures for the UK company statutory accounts
- Preparation and submission of the UK corporate tax returns, including corporate interest restriction calculations & CFC analyses
- Calculation of the UK quarterly instalment payments for corporate tax and maintaining the UK GPA
- Preparation of UK capital allowances calculations
- Analysis and submission of claims for relevant UK tax incentives including VGTR & RDEC
- Preparation and review of relevant submissions relating to employment taxes including ERS reporting, PSA and STBV
- Calculation of year-end transfer pricing adjustments for the group and monitoring implementation of transfer pricing policy
- Completion of Digital Services Taxes returns in overseas jurisdictions
- Completion and maintenance of tax residency certificates for group companies
- Partnering with the Legal team and external advisors to ensure compliance with withholding tax reporting requirements globally
- Providing support to P&O team in preparing risk analyses in relation to overseas remote working
- Development of a tax compliance calendar and monitoring compliance across the group
- Assisting with monitoring of group tax risks - including maintaining a tax risk register, ensuring relevant legal documentation is in place, CCO/SAO responsibilities
- Monitoring changes in tax rules that may impact the business
- Providing support to the Head of Tax & Treasury on projects as required
- Acting as a business partner to assist with day-to-day tax queries from around the group across all areas of tax
- Some support on Treasury matters, including assisting in preparation of and inputting tax items into the cashflow forecast
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will be an enthusiastic, self-starter who enjoys working in a team. You will have strong interpersonal skills allowing you to build trusted relationships across the business. You will be a self-starter who is confident independently researching solutions to business questions. You will be organised, analytical, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple workstreams at once and have the following key skills and/or qualifications:
- EssentialCTA qualified and/or ACA/CA qualified with tax experience
- EssentialExperienced with UK corporate tax compliance and accounting matters
- DesirableExperience with Onesource tax reporting software
- DesirablePrevious experience/understanding of international tax issues impacting multinational businesses (e.g. Transfer Pricing, Withholding Taxes)
- HelpfulExperience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP system
- HelpfulIntermediate/advanced Excel skills
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Games Development Studio in Holborn with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and we understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. That’s why there is a pool table, 100” screen with next generation consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
We also have a fantastic benefits package, with medical and dental cover, life insurance and critical illness cover, income protection scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and a pension plan with Company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.